Clinical Geneticist at Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics
The Department of Human and Molecular Genetics at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) is seeking an outstanding candidate for the position of Clinical Geneticist.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Human and Molecular Genetics provides multifaceted clinical and research activities focusing on current important areas of medical and basic research. Our 24 faculty members conduct research, clinical and educational activities at the VCU Medical Center, the Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics and the VCU Institute of Molecular Medicine.
- Assistant/ Associate level position, non-tenure track
- 80% Clinical, 20% Academic
- Great office and ancillary support
- Genetic evaluation and counseling of patients with diverse genetic disorders. Including inborn errors of metabolism, birth defects, cancer genetics, and high risk pregnancies
- Teach fellows, residents, and medical students
- Participation in Department's Telemedicine initiatives
- Opportunity to work with an integrated group
- Board eligible/certified in Medical Genetics (ABMG)
- Expertise in Biochemical and Molecular Genetics is a plus
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level preferred