Director of Pediatric Hepatology at the Children's Hospital of Richmond - F38450
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Children’s Hospital of Richmond
Department of Pediatrics
Director of Pediatric Hepatology
The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Children’s Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) is seeking a full-time, BC/BE pediatric gastroenterologist to serve as director of pediatric hepatology.
- Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities in the area of Hepatology.
- Faculty member will provide guidance and mentorship to Residents and Chief Residents in the area of General Pediatrics.
- Research and other scholarly activity will be encouraged, and opportunities exist for collaborative research with established researchers. In particular, the Division of Adult Hepatology has had a longstanding and extensive clinical and basic science research program.
- Numerous campus resources are available to support basic, clinical and translational research, including a NIH-funded CTSA and the VCU Center for Clinical and Translational Research (CCTR).
- Faculty member will have experience in securing revenue through grants and contracts and will serve as a research mentor to other members of the division and the department of Pediatrics.
- Faculty member will serve on departmental or School of Medicine level committees when appropriate, as well as professional through journal review, conference presentations, etc.
- Faculty member will provide oversight for clinical activities of the division of Gastroenterology/Hepatology in support of the clinical mission of CHoR of VCU Healthsystem.
- BC in Pediatric Hepatology
- Experience with clinical care of patients ages birth to 21
- Experience with education of house-staff, medical students, and others
- Experience with research
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with other division chiefs, and the ability to mentor more junior faculty
- Sub-board and or additional graduate degree
- Experience with advocacy at local, state, and national level
- Success in generating revenue (grants/contracts)
Interested applicants should apply online to www.vcujobs.com and also submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position, current Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website,https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA Pediatric Nephrology F65030
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiologist - F63640
Richmond, VA Pediatric Endocrinology - F64700
Richmond, VA Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU seeks General Pediatrician - F60600
Richmond, VA Pediatric - Critical Care/Intensivist, M60094
Richmond, VA Division Chief in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Rod Matthew Endowed Chair - F52400
Richmond, VA Adolescent Medicine Opportunity at the Children's Hospital of Richmond - F53160
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiology/Director of Echocardiography - F62790
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiologist with Echo and Fetal Expertise - F64900
Richmond, VA The Children's Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) seeks Pediatric Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist - F62740
Richmond, VA VCU Children's Hospital Richmond Seeking Developmental Pediatrician - F54920
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiology, Director of Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program - F64090
Richmond, VA Pediatric Endocrinology - F65040
Richmond, VA The Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR) seeks Vice Chair of Education - F36500