Transplant Surgeon Opportunity at Level 1 Trauma Center
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Surgery
The Hume-Lee Transplant Center at the Virginia Commonwealth University Health System is seeking a multi-organ transplant surgeon for a full-time position with the Transplant Division at the rank of Instructor. The successful applicant will have an interest in pursuing a career focused on kidney, liver and pancreas transplantation.
VCU Medical Center is the only comprehensive Level 1 trauma center in Virginia that is certified in adult, pediatric and burn trauma care. The only Level I Trauma Center in Central Virginia, and one of just five in the state, MCV Hospital’s Trauma Center provides comprehensive, specialized care for severely injured patients. As a Level I center, MCV Hospitals’ offers 24-hour, on-site surgical staff and dedicated operating room space.
- Responsibilities are broad and include deceased and living donor kidney and liver transplantation (adult and pediatric), and pancreas transplantation (whole organ and islet cell).
- Clinical interactions with teams from the Richmond Veterans’ Administration Hospital are expected.
- Additional opportunities exist with an extensive multidisciplinary hepato-biliary surgery practice as well as dialysis access (hemo and peritoneal).
- Clinical research opportunities abound.
- Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities in all areas of Transplant Surgery.
- Team-based bench research is also available, depending on the applicant’s level of interest and previous experience.
- Candidates must be Board Certified Eligible in General Surgery
- ASTS Fellowship training in multi-organ transplantation and procurement
- Able to meet licensing requirements in Virginia
- Must be UNOS certified or eligible
- Board certification in General Surgery will be expected during the course of the appointment, commensurate with Board requirements
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are a must
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA VCU Department of Surgery is Seeking Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Richmond, VA Department of Surgery Seeking Division Chair of Surgical Oncology
Richmond, VA VCU Department of Surgery is Seeking a Trauma Surgeon
Richmond, VA Department of Surgery Seeking Multi-Organ Transplant Surgeon