Department of Internal Medicine Seeking Non-Invasive Cardiologist/Cardio-Oncologist - F60410
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Division of Cardiology
Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Cardiologist with an interest in Cardio-Oncology. The successful candidate will join an established group of physicians and surgeons in one of the top Heart Centers in the United States and serve as a liaison between the Heart Center and Massey Cancer Center. We are dedicated to building a preeminent program for academic discovery and are committed to excellent clinical care for our patients.
- Provide Cardiology outpatient care locally and in outreach sites by providing access to office visits
- Preparation of instructional materials, evaluative materials, testing and maintenance of personal professional skills through continuing education
- Participate in the reading of non-invasive testing & studies
- Perform duties as an attending physician on the inpatient and consult services
- Provide general Cardiology and Cardio-Oncology patient care
- Serve as the primary inpatient consultant to the Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Services
- Advising and mentoring trainees
- Participate in the education and teaching of medical students, residents and fellows across the Heart Center
- Expanding a clinical practice in the academic center and it's outreach sites, anda research program in Cardio-Oncology
- Participate in activities to support the effectiveness of the Division of Cardiology, The Department of Internal Medicine and the Massey Cancer Center will be assigned in the future based on mutual agreement
- Support the growth of Cardiovascular Disease Clinical Management
- Support clinical research protocols in recruitment and adjunctive clinical management
- Candidates should be BC/BE in Cardiology with and interest in Cardio-Oncology.
- Be clinically oriented and possess sufficient research and teaching experience to be eligible for academic appointment.
- Interest and/or experience in the diagnosis, risk stratificatin and treatment of cardiovascular risk and illnesses in patients with cancer.
- Must be eligible for licensure in the state of Virginia.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work with a large multidisciplinary program.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website,https://www.vcujobs.com/.