The VCU Center for Advanced Health Management is seeking a Clinician Educator, Richmond, Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University Health Center for Advanced Health Management
SEEKING GENERAL INTERNIST
VCU Health System is recruiting a BC/BE General Internist for an exciting physician educator role. The position is a vital element within the VCU Center for Advanced Health Management (CAHM), a progressive advanced health home model targeting complex adult health populations including those burdened by low income or disability. VCU CAHM is proud to have created clinic teams and environments that embrace the collaborative team concept. This lead Primary Care Physician role is robustly supported by an experienced team made up of: nurses, a social worker, a pharmacist, an RN case- manager and a community outreach worker. Behavioral Health support includes a psychiatric nurse practitioner and counseling. Clinical work flows are designed with ample time and resources to support clinical and social needs of the patient population.
- Support expanding clinical program at new state-of-the-art 9,000 square foot clinic.
- Complex primary care for adults under the age of 65.
- Develop and implement a biopsychosocial plan of care including appropriate disease management, case management, wellness and prevention coaching.
- Address social and environmental determinants via broad population-based, targeted approaches.
- Address acute, chronic and preventative care needs to support VCUHS patients to reach their optimized wellness goals.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Nurse Practitioners.
- Shared Night and weekend call is 1 in 13.
- Supervise students, residents, and geriatric fellows.
- Participate in curriculum design and implementation.
- Quality improvement and clinical research opportunities available.
- Additional opportunities in clinical administration.
- Research related to advanced chronic care models.
- Residency training in internal medicine preferred with board certification or eligibility
- Comfort with managing complex seriously ill individuals
- Comfort with a physician/nurse practitioner team model