VCU Department of Psychiatry Seeking Lead Psychologist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Psychiatry
The Department of Psychiatry at Virginia Commonwealth University Health invites applications for a faculty position at the Associate Professor level. The Department is seeking a senior health psychologist to provide leadership in the Health System’s provision and expansion of behavioral health care to persons with physical illness and prevention.
The Department of Psychiatry employs over 80 full-time faculty and has well-funded research in genetics, addictions, child and women’s mental health, and psychopharmacology. VCU is a large urban university with robust health science campus and 750-bed university hospital.
- Teaching and training health psychologists and other trainees
- Serve on the Department of Psychiatry Advisory Council and other University and Health System committees
- Clinical work including promotion of integrated and collaborative care
- Board certified health psychologist or equivalent experience
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in health psychology clinical practice preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating success in funded health psychology research