VCU Department of Surgery is Seeking Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Surgery
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Virginia Commonwealth University Health is actively recruiting for a full-time Board Certified/Board Eligible Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join our busy program.
We are seeking an academically focused surgeon with excellent training in adult acquired cardiac and aortic disorders to join a well-established practice. The division performs all aspects of adult cardiothoracic surgery. Special interest in the treatment of aortic disease pathologies including aortic valve, aortic root, and all thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms, as well as expertise in endovascular management of aortic pathologies and structural heart will be ideal.
The division’s goal is to be a national leader in developing advances in the field of cardiothoracic surgery and training the next generation of surgeons in our ACGME-approved 3 year cardiothoracic surgery training program. The cardiothoracic surgery service is well supported by CT surgery fellows, general surgery residents and advanced practice providers.
- Treatment of aortic disease pathologies including aortic valve, aortic root, and all thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Expertise in endovascular management of aortic pathologies and structural heart interventions
- Expertise in heart transplantation and use of mechanical circulatory support
- Charged with the responsibility of developing a multidisciplinary aortic program along with vascular surgery, cardiology, genetics, rheumatology and imaging
- Will play a key role in adult structural heart intervention and surgery
- Will serve on Departmental, College, and/or University committees
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Thoracic Surgery
- Research Interests in Cardiovascular disorders that can lead to intramural and extramural funding
- Additional training in endovascular management of aortic and structural heart disorders