Department of Internal Medicine Seeking Hospitalist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of Hospital Medicine
The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine,
Virginia Commonwealth University, seeks a hospitalist physician for our
Inpatient Internal Medicine Service. Duties include: staffing a traditional
housestaff teaching service, admitting and managing patients for a
hospitalist-led inpatient service, co-management of surgical patients, and
attending on a General Medicine consult service.
- BC/BE Internal Medicine,
- Direct experience managing complex inpatients,
- Competency in standard inpatient procedures,
- Solid understanding of the hospitalist role and function,
- An interest in teaching and growth in an academic setting,
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.