Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology Seeking IVF Laboratory Director
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
IVF Laboratory Director
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility is seeking an clinical/research faculty member to direct our new embryology and andrology laboratories. The successful candidate should have an M.D. or PhD and HCLD certification.
- Managing the daily operation of the embryology and adrology laboratories and assisting with hands-on embryology and adrology procedures.
- Teaching responsibility in the areas of reproductive biology and genetics at the medical and graduate school levels.
- Expected to maintain CLIA, and CAP certifications and to comply with FDA and SART standards regarding quality control, procedural guidelines and day-to-day management of the embryology, andrology and endocrinology laboratories.
- Regular internal preparation of statistics and annual SART submissions are required.
- Maintenance of HCLD certification (specialization in embryology) is required.
- Although primarily a clinical laboratory position, establishment of a research program with a record publication in refereed journals and external funding is desired.
- Up to 20% effort may be allocated toward research activities.
- Participate in interdisciplinary collaborations with research programs in reproductive biology and genetics departments at VCU.
- He/She will mentor graduate and medical students in their research laboratory.
- Will serve on Departmental, College, and/or University committees as necessary, as well as in national or international professional capacity in their field of expertise.
- Establishing protocols and procedures and assisting with preparation of statistics and annual SART submissions
- Expertise with micromanipulation and trophectoderm biopsy and the ability to teach these skills to others is required.
- PhD in biomedical research of a closely related discipline
- Minimum of three years of postdoctoral experience
- Record of publication and conference dissemination and demonstrating expertise in the faculty area of research
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
- Clinical Lab Director Certification (HCLD).
- Teaching experience at the graduate level in reproductive biology and molecular cell biology.
- Record of external funding or proposal submissions to obtain funding.