Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU seeks General Pediatrician - F60600
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Pediatrics
Division of General Pediatrics
Children’s Hospital of Richmond of the Virginia Commonwealth University Health System has committed itself to transforming the General Pediatric Department into a model academic unit devoted to the advancement of healthcare for our community’s children by integrating excellent patient care, quality medical education and innovative clinical research and patient advocacy into our programs. We are recruiting an additional full-time academic general pediatrician to join our growing team.
Our faculty provides primary care for children and adolescents through age 21 at a major urban academic medical center. Faculty responsibilities could include the following:
- Primary care clinical services
- Newborn nursery clinical services
- Participation in resident and medical student education and evaluation
- To develop and oversee Quality Improvement (QI) projects for the Division of General Pediatrics
- Involvement in divisional/departmental collaborative research and advocacy focusing on children’s health
Candidates are therefore expected to have excellent administrative, clinical and teaching skills and a strong interest in clinical research, quality improvement, or population health initiatives.
- Teaching: Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities in the area of General Pediatrics. Faculty will provide guidance and mentorship to Residents, Chief Residents, and Fellows when applicable.
- Research: Faculty member will have interest in securing revenue through grants and contracts and will serve as a research mentor to other members of the division and the department of pediatrics.
- Service: Faculty member will serve on departmental or School of Medicine level committees when appropriate, as well as professional through journal review, conference presentations, etc.
- Clinical: Faculty member will serve as a General Pediatrician for the Department of Pediatrics.
- Other (for instance administrative duties, etc.): Helping to develop and oversee Quality Improvement (QI) work in general pediatrics.
- Board certified or board eligible in General Pediatrics.
- Experience with clinical care of patients ages birth to 21.
- Experience with education of house-staff, medical students, and others
- Experience with research.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
- Interest and experience in working with General Pediatrics.
- Quality Improvement training/ experience in general pediatrics
- Experience in overseeing medical students and residents in an academic center
- Success in generating revenue (grants/contracts)
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website,https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA Division Chief of Child Development F65050
Richmond, VA Pediatric Nephrology F65030
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiologist - F63640
Richmond, VA Pediatric Endocrinology - F64700
Richmond, VA Pediatric - Critical Care/Intensivist, M60094
Richmond, VA Division Chief in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Rod Matthew Endowed Chair - F52400
Richmond, VA Adolescent Medicine Opportunity at the Children's Hospital of Richmond - F53160
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiology/Director of Echocardiography - F62790
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiologist with Echo and Fetal Expertise - F64900
Richmond, VA The Children's Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) seeks Pediatric Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist - F62740
Richmond, VA VCU Children's Hospital Richmond Seeking Developmental Pediatrician - F54920
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiology, Director of Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program - F64090
Richmond, VA Pediatric Endocrinology - F65040
Richmond, VA The Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR) seeks Vice Chair of Education - F36500