Department of Anesthesiology Seeking Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Anesthesiology
The Department of Anesthesiology, Virginia Commonwealth University Health is recruiting additional anesthesiologists with fellowship training or subspecialty experience (for example in obstetric anesthesia, pain medicine, pediatric anesthesia in particular need, transplant anesthesia, neuro anesthesia and critical care medicine).
The Department provides more than 25,000 anesthetics per year and provides critical care services in the surgical cardiothoracic and neuroscience critical care units. We care for more than 2,000 parturients annually. We are a Level I Trauma Center and one of the longest established solid organ transplantation programs in the world.
- Provide teaching to residents, medical students, student nurse anesthetist and others.
- Participate in didactic teaching programs of the Department.
- Attend conferences, rounds, and staff meetings as required by the Chair.
- Provide anesthetic and critical care to patients.
- M.D. or D.O.
- ABA BE/BC in Anesthesiology and/or certified/eligible for Pediatric Certification.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in Virginia.
- Eligible for employment in the United States.
- Good communication, clinical, and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Fellowship Training or subspecialty experience preferred.