Department of Anesthesiology Seeking General Anesthesiologist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Anesthesiology
The Department of Anesthesiology, Virginia Commonwealth University Health is recruiting additional anesthesiologists with fellowship training or subspecialty experience (for example in obstetric anesthesia, cardiac anesthesia, pain medicine, transplant anesthesia, neuro anesthesia, or critical care medicine).
The Department provides more than 25,000 anesthetics per year and provides critical care services in the surgical cardiothoracic and neuroscience critical care units. We care for more than 2,000 parturients annually. We are a Level I Trauma Center and one of the longest established solid organ transplantation programs in the world.
- Provides teaching of residents, medical students, student nurse anesthetists, and others.
- Participates in didactic teaching programs.
- Attends conferences, rounds, and staff meetings as required by the Chair.
- M.D. or D.O.
- ABA BE/BC in Anesthesiology and/or certified/eligible for Critical Care Certification.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in Virginia.
- Eligible for employment in the United States.
- Good communication, clinical and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fosternig a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU. Woment, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Fellowship Training or subspecialty experience preferred.