Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU seeks Pediatric Gastroenterology - Psychologist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology - Psychologist
The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at Children's Hospital of Richmond, Virginia Commonwealth University is seeking a full-time psychologist to provide clinical services, research, teaching/supervision, and program development to children and adolescents in Gastroenterology.
- Will evaluate and provide outpatient and occasional inpatient clinical services to patients with gastroenterological disorders with an emphasis in pediatric motility and functional GI disorders. This includes, but is not limited to nausea, vomiting, constipation, and abdominal pain, as well as disorders of the autonomic nervous system such as postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS).
- Will perform clinical assessments and communicate recommendations to members of the multidisciplinary team. This multidisciplinary team will also include support from pediatric psychiatry.
- Interventions will include cognitive behavioral therapy, pain and symptom management, adherence intervention and the identification of resources to support the child and family's adjustment to acute and chronic illness.
- Will collaborate with the other members of the interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and dieticians both clinically and in a research capacity to advance the care of children with motility and functional GI disorders.
- Will teach and supervise psychology trainees as well as medical students and pediatric residents.
- Research and other scholarly activity is encouraged.
- Must have Ph.D. or Psy.D. In Clinical or Counseling from an APA- accredited doctoral program.
- The position will include a faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on the candidate's experience, within the Department of Pediatrics at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine.
- Experience with non-pharmacological management of GI disorders is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA Pediatric Hem/Onc Program Director- Clinical Investigator in Stem Cell Transplantation
Richmond, VA The Children's Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) seeks Palliative Medicine Physician
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiologist Opportunity in Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation
Richmond, VA VCU Children's Hospital Richmond Seeking Pediatric Hematologist Oncologist
Richmond, VA Division Chief of Pediatric Endocrinology at Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU
Richmond, VA Faculty for the VCU Pediatric Allergy/Immunology Division
Richmond, VA VCU Children's Hospital Richmond Seeking Developmental Pediatrician
Richmond, VA Department of Pediatrics Seeks Division Chief of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation
Richmond, VA VCU Children's Hospital Richmond Seeking Vice Chair of Education
Richmond, VA Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU Health Seeks Pediatric Interventional Cardiologist
Richmond, VA Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU seeks General Pediatrician
Richmond, VA The Children’s Hospital of Richmond at Virginia Commonwealth University Seeks Pediatric Cardiologist Echo / MRI
Richmond, VA Adolescent Medicine Opportunity at the Children's Hospital of Richmond
Richmond, VA Chief of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at the Children's Hospital of Richmond
Richmond, VA Division Chief in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Rod Matthew Endowed Chair
Richmond, VA Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU seeks Young Adult BMT and Immunotherapy