Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU seeks Pediatric Gastroenterology - Psychologist - F61430
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology - Psychologist
The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at Children's Hospital of Richmond, Virginia Commonwealth University is seeking a full-time psychologist to provide clinical services, research, teaching/supervision, and program development to children and adolescents in Gastroenterology.
- Will evaluate and provide outpatient and occasional inpatient clinical services to patients with gastroenterological disorders with an emphasis in pediatric motility and functional GI disorders. This includes, but is not limited to nausea, vomiting, constipation, and abdominal pain, as well as disorders of the autonomic nervous system such as postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS).
- Will perform clinical assessments and communicate recommendations to members of the multidisciplinary team. This multidisciplinary team will also include support from pediatric psychiatry.
- Interventions will include cognitive behavioral therapy, pain and symptom management, adherence intervention and the identification of resources to support the child and family's adjustment to acute and chronic illness.
- Will collaborate with the other members of the interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and dieticians both clinically and in a research capacity to advance the care of children with motility and functional GI disorders.
- Will teach and supervise psychology trainees as well as medical students and pediatric residents.
- Research and other scholarly activity is encouraged.
- Must have Ph.D. or Psy.D. In Clinical or Counseling from an APA- accredited doctoral program.
- The position will include a faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on the candidate's experience, within the Department of Pediatrics at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine.
- Experience with non-pharmacological management of GI disorders is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Interested applicants should apply online to www.vcujobs.com and also submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position, current Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website,https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU seeks General Pediatrician - F60600
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiologist Opportunity in Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation - F39880
Richmond, VA Director of Pediatric Hepatology at the Children's Hospital of Richmond - F38450
Richmond, VA Adolescent Medicine Opportunity at the Children's Hospital of Richmond - F53160
Richmond, VA Pediatric Hem/Onc Program Director- Clinical Investigator in Stem Cell Transplantation - F41310
Richmond, VA Division Chief in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Rod Matthew Endowed Chair - F52400
Richmond, VA VCU Children's Hospital Richmond Seeking Developmental Pediatrician - F54920
Richmond, VA Children’s Hospital of Richmond, Virginia Commonwealth University Seeking Full-time Psychologist - F63630
Richmond, VA The Children's Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) seeks Pediatric Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist - F62740
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiology, Director of Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program - F64090