VCU Department of Internal Medicine Seeking Medical Critical Care Specialist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine is seeking BC/BE Physicians at the Assistant or Associate Professor level with a primary focus of providing critical care as an attending physician with roles of in-house nighttime intensivist, daytime "resource intensivist", daytime critical care consultant and attending physician in the Medical Respiratory ICU at the VCU Health System. Percent effort devoted to critical care will be from 70% to 100%, with consideration made for additional roles in clinical pulmonary medicine or a related field. At least 20% of clinical duties will be in the nighttime intensivist role. Competitive salary and benefit packages will be offered.
- Rapid response team backup
- Code supervision
- Critical care consultation,
- Ventilator management
- Invasive procedures
- Administrative duties
- Teaching and supervision of students, advanced practice providers, housestaff, and critical care fellows
- BC/BE in Pulmonary and Critical Care after completing an ACGME approved critical care (CC) fellowship in Pulmonary -CC.
- Consideration will also be given to candidates who are BC/BE in Critical Care after completing an ACGME-approved critical care fellowship.
- Should have demonstrated experience working and fostering a a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment and commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.