Department of Surgery Seeking Division Chair of Surgical Oncology
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Surgery
Division of Surgical Oncology
The Department of Surgery at VCU Health is actively recruiting for a dynamic physician to lead a renowned Division of Surgical Oncology within the Department of Surgery and to be the lead surgeon for the Massey Cancer Center, a NCI designated cancer center in Richmond, VA. The Division of Surgical Oncology, started in 1966, was the first academic surgical division dedicated to oncologic surgery at a university medical center in the United States. The academic appointment with the VCU School of Medicine will be at rank of Associate Professor or Professor and will commensurate with experience.
- Teaching medical students, residents, and fellows in the ACGME-accredited program in complex surgical oncology.
- Will require significant administrative effort to support the division and the cancer center.
- Will assist in ongoing research and clinical trials as appropriate.
- Will be nationally recognized and have an established record of publication in high-impact journals.
- Will serve on departmental and/or University committees as necessary, as well as in a professional capacity in their field, i.e., reviewer, conference organizer, etc.
- Must be Board Certified in General Surgery.
- Fellowship in Surgical Oncology.
- Will be a dynamic surgeon/scientist with an interest in immunotherapy for cancer or other translational oncology research.
- Nationally recognized clinical, basic and/or translational research program with an established record of publication in high impact journals.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU is required.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level.