Department of Surgery Seeking Division Chair of Surgical Oncology - F59750
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Surgery
Division of Surgical Oncology
The Department of Surgery at VCU Health is actively recruiting for a dynamic physician to lead a renowned Division of Surgical Oncology within the Department of Surgery and to be the lead surgeon for the Massey Cancer Center, a NCI designated cancer center in Richmond, VA. The Division of Surgical Oncology, started in 1966, was the first academic surgical division dedicated to oncologic surgery at a university medical center in the United States. The academic appointment with the VCU School of Medicine will be at rank of Associate Professor or Professor and will commensurate with experience.
- Teaching medical students, residents, and fellows in the ACGME-accredited program in complex surgical oncology.
- Will require significant administrative effort to support the division and the cancer center.
- Will assist in ongoing research and clinical trials as appropriate.
- Will be nationally recognized and have an established record of publication in high-impact journals.
- Will serve on departmental and/or University committees as necessary, as well as in a professional capacity in their field, i.e., reviewer, conference organizer, etc.
- Must be Board Certified in General Surgery.
- Fellowship in Surgical Oncology.
- Will be a dynamic surgeon/scientist with an interest in immunotherapy for cancer or other translational oncology research.
- Nationally recognized clinical, basic and/or translational research program with an established record of publication in high impact journals.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU is required.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website, https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA VCU Department of Surgery Seeking Cardiothoracic Surgeon - F53840
Richmond, VA VCU Department of Surgery Seeking Trauma Surgeon - F59160
Richmond, VA VCU Department of Surgery is Seeking Cardiothoracic Surgeon - F59310
Richmond, VA Plastic Surgeon - Burn - F63920