VCU Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology seeking Gynecologic Oncology Division Chief - F63340
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Division of Gynecologic Oncology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a candidate at the Associate or Professor rank to lead our division. The candidate's responsibilities will be building and leading the division, providing clinical care, and leading the research and educational programs within the division. The successful candidate will have skill and experience in leadership and administration, and have a national reputation for clinical care, teaching, and research. The Gynecologic Oncology Division is active in GOG/NRG research and has a growing patient base. Candidate must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at Virginia Commonwealth University.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Health System has a total of 24 OB/GYN residents in training. Richmond, located on the James River, is well-situated about 2 hours from Washington, DC, the Chesapeake Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean, and the Appalachian Mountains.
- Student and resident teaching in gynecologic oncology and for teaching programs for the division.
- Will lead the divisions research program.
- Will serve on the departmental, hospital and university committees as necessary, as well as in a professional capacity in their field.
- Clinical activities will include a combination of both outpatient care, inpatient care, and surgery.
- Will be Division Chief for Gynecologic Oncology.
- Will be responsible for the clinical, educational and research programs within the Division.
- Completion of training in OB/GYN and Gynecologic Oncology equivalent to ACGME and ABOG accredited programs
- Medical license in Virginia
- Completion of an ACGME accredited OB/GYN residency
- Completion of ABOG or ACGME accredited fellowship training in Gynecologic Oncology
- Certification by the American Board of OB/Gyn in OB/GYN and Gynecologic Oncology
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website,https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.