VCU Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology seeking General OB/GYN
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE obstetrician/gynecologist to join our faculty at the Assistant/Associate Professor level. VCU is committed to excellence in clinical care, teaching and research opportunities including clinical, translational, and basic research. Responsibilities for this position include clinical research, supervision of residents and medical students, and participation in an active clinical practice. Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a faculty member is essential for this position.
- Will actively participate in the department's educational activities, with particular attention to educating students and residents in their core educational objectives in general obstetrics and gynecology.
- Will initiate clinical research projects in the area of general obstetrics and gynecology and family planning.
- Will participate in and facilitate other collaborative department research.
- Mentor both undergraduate and graduate students in their research activities.
- Encouraged to secure research funding to support these activities.
- Will serve on departmental, Medical School, and/or University committees as necessary, as well as in a professional capacity in their field, e.g., reviewer, conference organizer, etc.
- Will see patients in the clinics, private office and health department settings and have the ability to perform diagnostic procedures and deliver appropriate obstetrical and gynecologic care.
- Will also participate in the general OB/GYN activities of the department and be expected to participate in night time call duties as appropriate.
- Will participate in department and institutional administrative activities as assigned by the division chief and chair.
- Completion of training in OB/GYN residency training program
- Completion of ABOG Board requirements in a timely fashion
- Potential for scholarship or creative expression to complement and expand existing expertise in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical license in Virginia
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Completion of an ACGME accredited OB/GYN residency