VCU Department of Neurology Seeking Palliative Care Neurologist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Neurology
The Department of Neurology at VCU is seeking a BC/BE neurologist with training in Palliative Care to join a successful and an expanding Department. Individuals with interests in clinical or translational research are encouraged to apply. An interest in education is essential, and participation in teaching programs for medical students, neurology residents and fellow is required. Tank is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
VCU is the premier public urban research university in Virginia, with a total of 1,125 beds, including a 28-bed Neuroscience ICU, and the Children’s Hospital of Richmond, the only full-service children’s hospital in central Virginia. There is strong collaboration between Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuroradiology, Vascular Surgery, Emergency Medicine, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. The Department of Neurology includes over 50 faculty, including 11 Child Neurologists, and offers 8 adult and 1 Child Neurology residency positions yearly.
- Providing palliative care to patients and their families in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. A subspecialty clinical interest is welcomed.
- Will teach medical students, neurology residents (and those from other Departments), and vascular neurology fellows.
- Will engage in and lead when appropriate clinical and translational research projects.
- Faculty member will serve on departmental, School of Medicine, and/or University committees, as well as in a professional capacity in their field, e.g. reviewer, conference organizer, etc.
- BC/BE in Adult or Pediatric Neurology
- Fellowship trained (or equivalent) in palliative care
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- BC/BE in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Demonstrated promise, or a successful track record, as a clinical or translational neuroscientist
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA Sleep Medicine Neurologist wanted at Virginia Commonwealth University Health, Richmond, Virginia
Richmond, VA Department of Neurology Seeks Director of the Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Center
Richmond, VA Neurology, Sleep Medicine F63580, F63570
Richmond, VA Neurology - Neuromuscular Disorders F62180
Richmond, VA Neurology - General F00677