Department of Neurology Seeking Vascular Neurologist
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Neurology
Vascular Neurologist/Stroke F63600, F63590
The Department of Neurology at VCU is seeking 2 BC/BE neurologists with training in Vascular Neurology to join a successful and an expanding academic stroke program, emphasizing acute stroke treatment, secondary prevention, and stroke recover,
Individuals with interests in basic and/or clinical translational research in stroke are encouraged to apply. An interest in education is essential, and participation in teaching programs for medical students, neurology residents and fellows is required. Tank is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
VCU is the premier public urban research university in Virginia, with a total of 1,125 beds, including a 28-bed Neuroscience ICU. The Stroke Center has won multiple awards and was the 1st accredited Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center in Virginia. There is strong collaboration between Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuroradiology, Vascular Surgery, Emergency Medicine, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. The Department of Neurology includes over 50 faculty, and offers 8 adult residency and 2 vascular neurology fellowship positions yearly.
- Will care for patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Candidates with appropriate training and experience may be asked to provide endovascular stroke care.
- Faculty member will teach medical students, neurology residents (and those from other Departments), and vascular neurology fellows.
- The faculty member will participate in and when appropriate lead, clinical and translational research projects.
- Will serve on departments, School of Medicine, and/or University committees as necessary, as well as in a professional capacity in their field, e.g. reviewer, conference organizer, etc.
- BC/BE in Neurology
- Fellowship training in Vascular Neurology.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
- Demonstrated promise, or a successful track record, as a clinical or translational vascular neuroscientist.
- Training and experience in endovascular stroke care.
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA Sleep Medicine Neurologist wanted at Virginia Commonwealth University Health, Richmond, Virginia
Richmond, VA Department of Neurology Seeks Director of the Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Center
Richmond, VA Neurology, Sleep Medicine F63580, F63570
Richmond, VA Neurology - Neuromuscular Disorders F62180
Richmond, VA Neurology - General F00677