Internal Medicine - Hospitalist - M59991
Department of Internal Medicine
The VCU Department of Internal Medicine is seeking a Clinical Hospitalist who will:
- Directly admit and care for patients on the general medicine inpatient service working with and without house staff and students
- Improve quality and efficiency of inpatient care at VCUHS
- Provide high-quality general medicine consults
- Provide co-management services with other non-medicine specialties
- Develop General Medicine faculty with interests in Hospital Medicine, clinical research, and training
- Mentor residents in evidence-based inpatient medical care
- Establish a venue for inpatient clinical research
- Work within the hospital system and with other departments to further the efficient throughput of admitted Internal Medicine Patients
Board certification or eligibility in Internal Medicine , direct experience managing complex inpatients, competency in standard inpatient procedures (including obtaining and interpretation of an arterial blood gas, central line placement, lumbar puncture, thoracentesis, paracentesis and arthrocentesis), a solid understanding of the hospitalist role and function, and an interest in teaching and growth in an academic setting. Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
For more information, please visit: https://www.vcujobs.com
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. This position will remain open until filled.