Emergency Medicine Clinical Instructor - M60002, M60003, M00650
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Emergency Medicine Clinical Instructor
M60002, M60003, M00650
The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a Clinical Instructor. The Department of Emergency Medicine provides treatment for >94,000 patients per year and is a Level 1 Trauma Center. Emergency Physicians manage a wide variety of acute medical illnesses and injuries from neonates through geriatric patients. The department is nationally recognized for innovative management of chest pain, major trauma, medical management of EMS and for providing medical direction for aeromedical transport. In addition, the Virginia Poison Center is a division component of this department.
1. Teaching – Participates in providing core curriculum lectures to medical students, interns, and resident level trainees. As appropriate, participates in ACLS, PALS and ATLS courses. Provides bedside clinical teaching to all trainees within the Emergency Department. Participates in nursing, housestaff, medical student and paramedic educational programs.
Interested applicants should apply online to www.vcujobs.com and also submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position, current Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
BOARD ELIGIBLE OR BOARD CERTIFICATION IN EMERGENCY MEDICINE
• Active Virginia Medical license, DEA
• Graduate of accredited Medical School
• Graduate from an Emergency Medicine Residency Program. (Can be waived if possesses current Board Certification in Emergency Medicine)
• Completion of an Emergency Medicine residency within 3 years. If beyond 3 years of completing accredited Emergency Medicine residency program, must have completed 1500 hours of clinical activity in the past 3 years in an Emergency Department of comparable size, volume, and patient acuity. (Can be waived at the discretion of the Chair).
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.