Pediatric Hospitalist - St. Mary's - M60113, M60114
Pediatric Hospitalist - St. Mary's - M60113, M60114
The Children’s Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) would like to enhance the current collaboration with St. Mary’s Hospital of Mercy Bon Secours Health with our combined commitment to service excellence and value in Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
We seek pediatric hospitalists for this community hospital site. St. Mary’s Hospital has a 24 room inpatient unit staffed by pediatric nurses, social workers, care coordinators, therapists, dieticians, and pharmacists. There is an active group of pediatric subspecialists including pediatric surgery, gastroenterology, pulmonology, endocrinology, neurology and cardiology amongst others. The pediatric hospitalists provide 24/7 in-hospital coverage for the pediatric medical-surgical unit and the newborn nursery. Pediatric medical specialty patients are admitted to the hospitalist service with daily direct consultation and communication with the specialist. There are board certified pediatric specialists staffing the Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Critical Care and Neonatal Critical Care units.
Candidate responsibilities will include:
- Direct patient care of children admitted to the inpatient pediatric unit and neonates in the newborn nursery (1.0 Full Time Equivalent (FTE)).
- The hospitalist will provide clinical service as a Pediatric Hospitalist for the Department of Pediatrics of CHoR based at St. Mary’s Hospital working the requisite number of evenings, nights, weekends, and take call as necessary to maintain 24/7 clinical coverage of the pediatric and newborn units. Clinical hours will be proportional the FTE assigned to the provider in a shared responsibility framework amongst the other team members.
- Ability to coordinate resources and communicate effectively with other pediatric services to effectively and safely triage patients to the appropriate level of care.
- Engagement in St. Mary’s Hospital Mercy Bon Secours Health Pediatric Committees-Quality Improvement, Leadership, Strategy and others to further the mission of Mercy Bon Secours Health as needed and as indicated by the provider’s career interests.
- Hospitalists are not expected to staff the pediatric emergency department or pediatric/neonatal critical care units. Hospitalists are not expected to staff the delivery room or the special care nursery.
- The hospitalists are employees of the Medical College of Virginia Physicians (MCVP) group at VCU Health (VCUH).
There are medical students, residents and pediatric hospital medicine fellows who complete their pediatric clerkship or rotations at St. Mary’s Hospital.
This is an opportunity for the candidate eager to advance their pediatric hospitalist career within a busy community hospital. There is a record of excellence in the delivery of clinical and academic pediatric services, both of which have anticipated growth in scope and breadth with the emerging alignment of CHoR at VCU and Mercy Bon Secours Health in pediatric care. Community hospital inpatient and newborn care are seen as essential to the pediatric landscape.
Candidates must be board certified or eligible in pediatrics or medicine-pediatrics. All candidates must be eligible for medical licensure in Virginia. All candidate must have an active Drug Enforcement Agency certificate. All candidates must be certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Credentialing at both VCUH and St. Mary’s Hospital is required. Two or more years of clinical experience (board eligibility) in pediatric hospital medicine is preferred but not required. Completion of Pediatric Fellowship training is preferred but not required. Current board certification in pediatric hospital medicine is preferred but not required.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
Contact a recruiter:
Richmond, VA Division Chief of Child Development F65050
Richmond, VA Pediatrician - Allergy and Immunology - F63620
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiologist - F63640
Richmond, VA Adolescent Medicine Pediatrician - F53160
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiologist with Echo and Fetal Expertise - F64900
Richmond, VA Division Chief in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Rod Matthew Endowed Chair - F52400
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiology/Director of Echocardiography - F62790
Richmond, VA Pediatric Nephrology F65030
Richmond, VA Pediatric Endocrinology - F65040
Richmond, VA Pediatric - Critical Care/Intensivist, M60094
Richmond, VA Pediatric Cardiology, Director of Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program - F64090
Richmond, VA Pediatric Intensivist - St. Mary's Hospital - M60112
Richmond, VA VCU Children's Hospital Richmond Seeking Developmental Pediatrician - F54920
Richmond, VA Director of Pediatric Hepatology at the Children's Hospital of Richmond - F38450
Richmond, VA The Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR) seeks Vice Chair of Education - F36500