Division Chief in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Rod Matthew Endowed Chair - F52400
Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Children's Hospital of Richmond
Rod Matthew Endowed Chair, Division Chief in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia and The Children's Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) are embarking on a major expansion program. We will soon have five full time pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology physicians and are recruiting an established and well funded investigator to be the Rod Matthews Chair, Division Chief in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology. The division is active in clinical care as well as clinical and basic research and there is a dedicated endoscopy suite with anesthesia support.. There are significant resources to support the academic mission and research interests including startup packages, laboratory space and a strong collaboration with Internal Medicine and Surgical Transplantation.
- Manage patients across the entire spectrum of Pediatric GI and Nutritional disease from premature infancy to 18 years of age
- Perform endoscopies
- Provide Pediatric GI call coverage
- Active involvement in research
- Teaching responsibilities in the area of Pediatric GI
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Residents and Fellows
- Be successful in generating revenue
- Candidates must be eligible for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor (tenure eligible)
- Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Board Certified in Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Have a well-developed scholarly/research portfolio with external funding
- Interested applicants should apply online to www.vcujobs.com and also submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position, current Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website, https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, VCU Health System is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact HR4U at 804-628-4748 or toll free 844 989-4748; address P.O. 980066, Richmond, VA 23298; email HR4U@vcuhealth.org. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: job, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, Richmond, Virginia